Shopify Vs. Amazon: Which Is Better To Sell Your Products?
Shopify and Amazon are renowned for e-commerce business platforms.
When you want to sell products online, you need to choose the appropriate platform for this task.
You may be in confusion while choosing. We are going to get you rid of this confusion by presenting you with Shopify vs Amazon – A brief comparison to show which one is better.
1. Pros and Cons
• Shopify consists of a wide variety of e-commerce tools which helps you in promotion of your online store.
• Shopify has all the necessary features including adding your products, customizing your designs, setting up your domain, setting up shopping rates and more.
• Shopify is comparatively more expensive.
• Shopify has a limited number of customization themes available than other carts.
• Over 240 million customers across the world.
• Amazon provides you extra services like storage, packing, shipping and more.
• When there are several providers of a single product, it may result in the price battle.
• It becomes challenging to create the right brand image while selling on Amazon.
2. Shopify Vs. Amazon: Major Difference
Shopify is a specialized store which allows you to create your online store which is an excellent opportunity to set up your business in.
Amazon is a marketplace where you can sell along with other sellers which means you are selling in a boot-fair.
Shopify caters everything ranging from small business up to the larger brands. On the other hand, Amazon serves small to medium-sized brands.
3. Best Marketing Ideas
If your business is focusing on creative marketing ideas and you want to use them for attracting traffic, then Shopify is a better option.
4. Brand Recognition
Amazon has massive traffic, but you may not get enough recognition due to a large number of similar products. Amazon must be a choice of small businesses who want to advertise and get traffic on their website.
5. Ease in Usage
Amazon lets you create your account, complete each step, and then you can start selling! Once registered, all you have to do is start listing your products, sell them, deliver them and then get paid.
With Shopify, you can build your e-commerce website with its easy-to-understand designs and help pages. You can access their entire tools easily for customization of designs.
Both Amazon and Shopify are user-friendly. Amazon requires less effort than Shopify to set up your account. But Shopify aids you in creating your store.
6. Design Flexibility
Browsing designs online is indeed a frustrating thing to do. But with Shopify and Amazon, you don’t need to get into this hassle.
With Shopify, you can get control over the layout and design. Shopify provides you over 60 themes, and you can then customize to match with your brand.
Shopify provides ten free themes; you can edit, switch and create a different brand image.
On the other hand, Amazon is very limited in designs. You have to upload your images. There are certain elements which you can customize with Amazon, but still, it is not as flexible as Shopify.
Shopify vs. Amazon is a big battle for ages. When it comes to choosing anyone, then we see that each has its pros and cons. We can choose one according to our needs.